Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Evan's descent...

I just finished laughing til I was crying as Evan recounted his day. Today was a tough day I admit; thank goodness I wasn’t suffering from altitude sickness. It’s so nice to be able to breathe more deeply now that we’re back in Namche. (We descended almost 1000m today). On the way down, it’s not all down hill. In fact it’s mostly up and down the entire way for 8 hours.

Evan seriously cracks me up and although he probably would love to know this is in my blog, I’m going to tell it anyways. Evan arrived in Namche about 1 ½ hours after Gary, John and I. He was back with our guide Subba and Subba had to carry his bag today while Evan kept one hand on his back the entire way. Anyways Even said he was completely delirious and couldn’t even see. As in, he could hear the cows and yaks passing him but couldn’t see them. He said if Subba wasn’t there he would have passed out somewhere or fallen off a cliff. (I believe him)

When he finally arrived he put his head in his arms and couldn’t stop coughing for about 15 min straight. All I could do was laugh and laugh and laugh. I really truly tried not to laugh out loud which was only making me laugh harder. Sorry Evan!

Whenever I share a room with Evan I can’t stop laughing. (we all take turns sharing rooms) For instance back in Periche Evan and I were telling crazy travel stories and the walls are so thin. I didn’t actually think people would be able to hear what I was saying so I hopped into bed and said, Evan, I think I’m suffering from HAF. He was like, what’s that? And I said, High Altitude Farts! We laughed and told stories until we heard the loud cough from next door. The “Be Quiet” cough.

Sure enough the next morning at breakfast this Aussie man Allen (who was next door from us) said, so you’re suffering from HAF? And then Evan informed me he heard everything we said after that too!! I was so embarrassed I just kind-of slid down in my chair. Oh well, Evan told some pretty good stories too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home