Thursday, May 04, 2006

Climbing At Last!!

Geum (from France), Louise (from England) and I. My climbing partners my first week in Tonsai.


crowed crag at Diamond cave

My first week in Tonsai I climbed with an English girl Louise (who I met my first day here) and a French, Geum and an English guy Patti. It was great and I started leading really easy climbs just to get back into it.

I really enjoyed Louise's company and was sad to see her go. We got on really well and she was just trekking in Nepal too (we were there the same time). I thought she was such a neat person. She is a singer/songwriter and last night she played guitar and sang some of her songs for us while we chilled in hammocks at one of the local bars.

One of the things I love about traveling and meeting so many different people, is hearing about what people are doing with their lives. It's inspiring and yet again it shows me that I don't have be limited to the 9-5 job my entire life, if I don't want to. There are so many opportunities that are not only restricted to Canada. I love Canada and desire to be there long-term but there are always options and that is a freeing way to think and live...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home