Friday, May 12, 2006

Some Old Friends...

Mike getting ready to climb by the beach =)

Cheung and I



Evan and I
Mike and Alex

I ran into Evan, as in Max, Mike and Evan whom I first met in Laos and then again in Vietnam. It was so random to see Evan. I passed him after lunch on the way to climbing and casually said, “hey Evan.” Then I did a double take and was like, “HEY!!” It’s a small world when you’re traveling!

Evan and I climbed together for a day before meeting up with Mike and Mike’s girlfriend, Alex. It was the crew, sans Max and Tiff. We missed you guys! The second day they were here we all rented kayaks and paddled out to Prota Island. It took FOREVER!! I’m not so much into kayaking, but I must admit it was a really good day and an excellent was to explore. Evan has done some paddling so he helped me on my “technique.” Apparently I needed it – haha.

On the way back to Tonsai we saw the most spectacular sunset I’ve experienced since traveling. The sky was red and magenta and fuscia. None of us had cameras unfortunately. It was just one of those moments where you breathe more deeply and try to soak it all in!

Evan, Mike and Alex were around for the next couple days so we climbed along with my new friend Cheung (he’s BBC: British born Chinese. He’s been living in Hong Kong but is returning to England). I had a great time with everyone and it was really nice to meet up with some familiar faces again.

Also it was really random meeting up with Jenna and Noelle Ziegler from my home town Smithers!!! Of all places. It was so funny and I hung out with them and their crew of friends for a night or two. I never really knew them from high school but I really liked them and thought: cool people come from Smithers! haha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home