Wednesday, May 17, 2006

A Typical Day in Tonsai...

Chai and I at Chai's breakfast cafe


Eva chilling out at Chai's before a day of climbing... ahh the life!


I wake up around 7:30-8:00am and go have breakfast at Chai’s. (Chai is the name of the owner of my favorite breakfast café) I went there my second morning and was sucked in by the cool climbing vibe and Nee’s excellent cooking (Nee is Chai’s sister).

Chai is excellent at remembering everyone’s names and every morning he greets me warmly: “Hello Erin! You climbing today? You want coffee?” I love chatting to Chai and Nee in the morning and his coffee is the best (sorry Kitty!) Also it’s a great place to meet up with other climbers in the morning.

After a leisurely breakfast I get my gear ready and head out to climb for the day. There are so many amazing areas to explore for climbing. I could never get bored here!!

After a full day climbing and a shower, dinner is enjoyed with other climbers and friends. I love Thai food. It is my favorite ethnic food I’ve experienced traveling so far. There is so much variety!

The night winds down by chilling with cool people. I’m usually completely worn out by around 10:00pm. It may sound lame but I love it!!! I love going to bed at the end of the day, completely exhausted from doing an activity I love, knowing I can wake up and do it all over again the next day. I’m actually beginning to see how people come here and end up staying for years. I’m not about to do that but I can actually understand it now.

I love Tonsai: the climbing, the people, the chilled out atmosphere... I love everything about it. The vibe here will not be forgotten!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home