Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Missing Snow

Missing Snow/ sprained ankle climb!





Yesterday was my last day climbing. I woke up and was invited to the Kitty Café (Kitty’s bungalow) for coffee. I felt privileged to be invited by the “cool club” haha.

I really wanted to climb Missing Snow on lead and my goal was to send it (lead the climb with no falls or rests).

Well… after a couple warm up climbs, one which I took a Big fall on my warm-up, I started climbing Missing Snow. I fell on the crux a few times no longer making it a send but I still wanted to complete the climb. I was at the second to last clip when I completely ran out of strength. I was hanging onto the rock by an awkward side pull and a small crimper. The bolt was at belly button height. I knew if I tried clipping I would fall. I yelled falling and fell a good 10 ft, before slamming into the rock and spraining my ankle.

My ankle wasn’t stiff yet so I completed the climb and about ½ hour later my ankle was completely sore and hurt to walk on so Cheung and Tiffany had to piggy back me around.

Tiffany is here now (she arrived yesterday) so we had dinner and then drank tea at Bon’s bungalow with Cheung and Kitty.

Today is my last day in Tonsai. That’s a little sad for me. I’ve had a great time here and have enjoyed the community so much. Tiff said the other day: “Erin, you’re killing me!” Because I know so many people here and know them all by name. It’s going to be a little hard for me to leave tomorrow… but I’m pretty sure I’ll be back at some point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home