Saturday, May 27, 2006

Goodbye For Now Tonsai!!!

Nee and I cooking at Chai's.

Tiffers and I my last night in Tonsai.

Adam and I

Eva and George (Austrian couple)

Yohanas and Mary-Anne (Austrian couple)

Bon and Kitty (impossible to actually get their photo!)

Eva and I at "sea of love" coffee shop/bar

Cheung and I at Kitty Cafe

Kitty's bungalow (aka Kitty Cafe), across from mine.

My Bungalow/ home for 1 month!

I’m on the road again. Tonsai was an absolute amazing time for me. I’m going to miss the little community I’ve became a part of here. Tonsai has been one of my most memorable experiences traveling so far. I met such a wonderful and interesting mix of people.

There was Louise, Patty, and Geum my first week. Then came Cheung, my favorite climbing partner who could always make me feel like a rock star even if I was only climbing a 6a. haha. I met Cheung through Bon and Marie. Bon is British Chinese and Marie from Sweden. They were both such interesting people. Adam and I also hung out and through him I met the 2 lovely Austrian couples: Eva and George, Yohanas and Mary-Anne.

Last night Chai had a little party for me. Nee and I cooked. (well, I more or less stirred a few things). I enjoyed my last meal in Tonsai with Tiffany, Mary-Anne, Yohanas, Eva, George, Chai and Nee. After dinner the “cool club” dropped by for a drink. Even Fid came by. I’m loosing the Evil Erin bit I think… haha.

In Bon’s, 1-too-many-chang’s-state, he invited me to the Kitty Café at 6:00am for one last coffee before leaving. They made sure to inform me it was only b/c I’m leaving that I get this privilege… what nerds. They’re going to miss keeping tabs on me, as my bungalow is directly across from theirs. =)

Tiff and I had one more late night chat/laughing session before finally going to sleep at 1:30am. Why did I say I’d get up for coffee at 6:00am again?

I met the guys at Kitty Café in the morning for one last heckling session with the “cool club” before I was off. Cheung carried my bag to Chai’s and Chai took me down to the beach with his motorbike. I’m still riding the sprained ankle thing. I told Tiff I’d have to remember to fake it at least until I got to the boat!

I said good-bye to Cheung and as the boat drove away from Tonsai I grew nostalgic. I breathed deeply and soaked up the scenery and memories one last time.

My climbing adventure (for the meantime) is over. Next chapter: Surfing in Bali!

2 Comments:

At 10:17 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erin,
I am so proud of you, happy for you and excited for what you are experiencing! I was just remembering a work project we did together at Beyond when we talked about wanting to get more into climbing (remember our pull-up work outs?)...well it seems you are getting there and since I am moving to Utah on Tuesday, I'll be getting after it a bit more too!
I hear you might be living with Roxy?
Well, I'd love to hear from you...thanks for the Blog...I LOVE looking at it and reading it!
Again, good for you that you are taking advantage of this blessing of travel, culture and climbing! (oh and I fell in love with surfing this past year too in S. Mexico...isn't absolutely unlike any other outdoor sport?)

 
At 7:33 p.m., Blogger Georg said...

Hy Erin,
it's fine to read your posts and take a look at all these pictures. For me and eva it was also very strange to leave Ton Sai and take a last look back when we where sitting at our longtailboat to AOO NAAAAAEEEENNNNG :-)
I put an link on my blog to your site (hope this is ok for you) so that also my friends can take a look at your side and comments.

it was an unforgettabel time there in little ton sai...

never say goodbye always say .. see you next time!

take care

georg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home