Sunday, May 28, 2006

Surf's Up!


Today was my second day surfing and I was able to catch some waves (I was doing much better than yesterday) and was even able to turn. I felt cool until I had to take my board anywhere. It's 7'4". It's huge! I think anyone can stand on it and that's probably why it's a beginners board... right!

I'm hanging out with Maurice and Lieke - pronounced Likka. They're a couple from Holland I met climbing in Tonsai and they are super nice. After awhile I tried Maurice's board (a 6'6") and he said I probably wouldn't get up on it, but I did which made me happy =) I know nothing about surfing but I'm having fun!

We leave our stuff with the lifeguards during the day and they are great. We hang out with them between surfing. My new friend Made (pronounced Mauday) came out surfing today. He's really good and gave me some greatly appreciated tips. My surfing adventure has begun and I'm loving it =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home