Wednesday, May 31, 2006

A Little Taste of Balinese Culture

Woman making Gado-Gado.


Today I went with Made to a Balinese dance. It was beautiful with all the elaborate costumes and was more of a drama than a dance. I enjoyed it.

Then we went to Ubod (in the mountains) and went to this monkey temple. I don't actually like monkeys, but it was alright. A monkey bite me in Thailand, so ever since then I don't like them and I'm a little afraid of them.

Afterwards we drove through his village which was really neat (not a foreigner in sight). We stopped at this little dive of a place (where his friends he grew up with worked) and had the best meal I've had yet! It was authentic Balinese food and we ate with our hands which was a fun experience. It pays to make friends with the locals, forsure!

Made was trying to teach me some Balinese, which was semi-successful. I remember a few things...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home