Monday, May 29, 2006

Rocking the Mullet!!



Today after surfing Made asked me if I wanted to go to Ulu Watu (a famous surfing area with huge waves- not to surf but to see) and a couple other places with him on his bike.

In my head I was thinking, "this is not a good idea! I shouldn't go, etc..." but then I remembered Lieke saying when she was here by herself the locals took her around and didn't expect anything in return. So while they do favour girls (especially blonde girls), Lieke only had positive experiences... After a moment of silently debating what I should do, I thought "what the heck!"

It sounded like fun so off we went (me on the back of Made's bike) to different beaches in the area and then to Ulu Watu. It was great to do a little exploring and then we came back to Kuta beach where we had a bite to eat (all Indonesians in this place- I love that) and I ate cow throat soup. Sounds gross but aside from the texture, quite tasty.

I had a really fun day. I think people who only hang out with other foreigners while traveling really miss out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home