Monday, June 05, 2006

Beautiful Beaches

View of a volcano at sunrise.

Maurice, Lieke, and I

After our night surf session... don't ask me what pose I'm doing and why??



I'm in Nusa Lembongan and it's absolutely stunning!! The water is crystal clear and the waves are good.

Last night Maurice Lieka and I had a night session of surfing. We watched the sun set while paddling out on the water. And I thought to myself: I'm in Bali, I'm surfing and the sun set is spectacular... I don't want to be anywhere else right at this moment.

We were on a reef break and the waves were a bit too steep for me so I spent more time paddling than surfing but I still had fun. =)

This morning we woke up at 5:30am to surf at sunrise. This was only my second sunrise I've seen since traveling but it was worth it to get to the waves before the crowd.

I really like it here and wish I had more time to explore the rest of Bali. Kuta is not a particularly desirable place to be (at least not for me) but it's a great place to learn to surf b/c it's a sandy-bottom beach break. That's why I stayed for so long. Plus I met Made Sudikta and have enjoyed his friendship.

The other day I went with Made and his friends to a beach where they were playing guitar and singing (really bad western songs) and I asked Made, "do you know what we call your hairstyle at home?" and he broke out a huge smile and said, "Mullet?" We all laughed. I think it's hilarious that Made is rocking a mullet!!

I only have a few days left to enjoy Bali so I want to make the most of it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home